4 Questions to Ask Before Buying an Industrial Sweeper or Scrubber
Over the years, we’ve heard our fair share of questions about industrial cleaning equipment. And we know if you’re researching this equipment you likely have some of the same questions our customers have wrestled with.
We decided to map it out for you so you can make an educated decision about whether the traditional mop and bucket or the industrial sweeper and scrubber make the most sense for your business.
Here are four of the most common questions we get when it comes to purchasing an industrial sweeper and/or scrubber.
Why are industrial options better than traditional manual cleaning?
Why is always a good question to start with? If you’re considering purchasing an industrial sweeper and/or scrubber you’ve probably wondered what the advantages are over the traditional route of floor cleaning.
There are many benefits for business owners who choose industrial cleaning options.
- Safety for your employees. First, the process of cleaning the floors is much easier on your staff. The manual labor involved in using a regular mop and bucket can put quite a strain on your employees. The industrial sweepers/scrubbers allow for much easier work. The safety of your employees is a huge benefit of these pieces of equipment.
- Safety for your guests. Industrial scrubbers basically eliminate the need to allow floors to dry. The squeegee system allows the floor to dry in seconds which drastically reduces the risk of slips or falls on the wet surface.
- Energy Efficiency. Efficiency is a buzz word in best business practices right now, and for good reason. Using energy efficiently is better for the environment and it’s better for your pocketbook! Today’s industrial cleaning equipment is faster, better, and more efficient than ever before.
- Hygienic. Having to do something twice in order to get the job done right is ineffective. Industrial sweepers and scrubbers will increase the quality of floor cleaning. The mop and bucket technique uses the same water to cover the whole floor, while the industrial scrubber is pushing out fresh, clean water throughout the process. Industrial cleaning equipment gets floors cleaner and is more hygienic than traditional methods. If you’re going to clean, do it right the first time!
- Investing in the future. The initial upfront investment, means you’re investing in the future of your business. Quality equipment that’s meant to last for years is a better use of your time and resources that cheap equipment that needs to be replaced often.
- Decrease staff time and labor costs. Staff will be able to accomplish the same job in a fraction of the time, which means it will cost you a fraction of the price. Traditional floor cleaning options take exponentially longer. And having a piece of equipment that can work so quickly and efficiently also may help you keep overhead low. You’ll only need one staff member to clean a very large area instead of having multiple people to complete the same task by hand.
Do I want a riding sweeper/scrubber or a walk-behind sweeper/scrubber?
We’ll answer your question with a question: Where do you intend to use the equipment?
A Riding Sweeper/Scrubber is very effective and efficient at handling large open spaces. So if you operate a gym, event center or factory a rider may be just what you need. It can power through a large area in a fraction of the time it would take someone with a mop and bucket.
A Walk-Behind Sweeper/Scrubber is best used for getting under and around obstacles. If you have racks and shelves and other tight spaces to work around, this may be the equipment for you. Restaurants and hospitals often find this to be their choice of floor cleaning equipment.
Is my business big enough to justify an industrial sweeper?
It’s always wise to calculate your return on investment for any purchase. And some of you reading this will consider other options as you contemplate purchasing a large, automated business cleaning solution.
For example, maybe you’re wondering: “Shouldn’t I just contract out to a cleaning company?” Many people use that option because it has a lower price tag upfront. But it’s the same logic behind renting vs. buying a home. In one scenario, you are investing equity in something and the cost of owning decreases as time goes on. In the other scenario, renting (just like contracting to a cleaning company) requires you pay out of pocket for every single-use continuously.
Here are a few factors to consider as you calculate if industrial cleaning equipment would be a good purchase for your business cleaning solution needs:
- Square footage. Some scrubber models can scrub up to 26,000 square feet per hour. A combo sweeper/scrubber can cover up to 67,000 square feet per hour. To give you some context: a person using a mop and bucket can only clean about 4,000 square feet per hour. So if you have a large facility, investing in this equipment is a no-brainer. The price of the unit will quickly pay for itself as you save time and labor with each use.
- Foot traffic. Square footage is one thing, but don’t fail to consider how many people come and go each day. If your space becomes dirty very quickly and you need to clean the area more than once per day, square footage becomes less of a factor and repetition becomes the name of the game. The more often you have to clean the floor the more time and money you’re investing in each round of cleaning. So make each round as quick and efficient as possible by investing in industrial-grade cleaning equipment.
- Dirt Level. If the area is extremely dirty, it requires much more labor to clean it manually. An industrial sweeper or scrubber will not only make sure the job is done to the highest possible quality standard, but it will save your employees from the extra, labor-intensive work of scrubbing those tough jobs by hand.
- First impression. Keeping your store or restaurant in tip-top condition makes a lasting impression. If you want to ensure quality work is done to keep your floors looking great, an industrial sweeper and scrubber will get the job done better than a mop and bucket every time. How your space looks is a reflection of your brand, so make sure you equip your staff with the best technology to do that job well.
Where do I look for a high quality sweeper or scrubber?
The last thing you want is to invest money in a product which is supposed to save you money in the long run only to have it break down a few months after purchase. This is why you want to make sure you do your research and buy equipment from a reputable supplier.
Unfortunately, we live in a day and age where people are out to make a quick buck and don’t always sell products with integrity.
MH Equipment is not one of those companies.
At MH, we highly value integrity and infuse it into every decision and sale we make. We promise you’ll be satisfied with any purchase from us whether it be sweepers, scrubbers or any of our vast inventory of material handling equipment.
At MH Equipment we sell two of the best brands in the industrial cleaning equipment business: Karcher and Powerboss. Both of these cleaning equipment brands are absolute powerhouses in the cleaning industry. You can explore the individual products available from each manufacturer on our website. Or if you have specific questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
These trusted brands have delivered the highest quality and have repeatedly resulted in happy loyal customers since we became a distributor for each.
Do you have other questions related to buying industrial cleaning equipment? If so, let us know! Contact us today and we promise to answer within 1 to 2 business days.
Or if you’re ready to purchase and are looking for a reputable dealer, look no further. Give us a call at MH Equipment today and get all the details related to the individual cleaning equipment makes and models that will keep your business squeaky clean for the whole world to see.Call Now: 888-564-2191 ← Back