Safety Quiz- Answers
Here are the answers to yesterday’s safety quiz. How well did you do?
1. Answer: False. Workplace safety is everyone’s responsibility. It is best to establish a safety culture through policies, procedures, training and supervision.
2. Answer: True. Serious conditions often arise from small injuries if they are not cared for at once.
3. Answer: True. Personal protective equipment is meant to protect workers from specific hazards associated with their job responsibilities. Policies, procedures, training and supervision all contribute to the safe use of PPEs.
4. Answer: False. Slips, trips and falls are the most frequent cause of accident and injury in the workplace. Staff should be encouraged to maintain a neat work area for safety reasons.
5. Answer: False. One person’s common sense is not necessarily the same as another’s.
6. Answer: True. The correct floor covering must be chosen and appropriately installed and maintained if its usefulness is to be continued.
7. Answer: False. Slips, trips and falls cause the most workplace accidents. Encourage everyone to clean up spills or alert housekeeping right away.
8. Answer: False. OSHA says you must have a fire evacuation plan in place to protect the safety of your staff (and clients).
9. Answer: False. Standing on chairs or stools, especially ones with castors, is a great contributor to slip and fall injuries in the workplace. Instruct staff to only use appropriate step-stools or ladders and to follow ladder-use safety protocol.← Back